Friday, August 12, 2011

8/12/11

Well if you are reading this, then you must have somehow seen a comment on a blog somewhere. I highly doubt I will be letting anyone see this, why would they even want to...?

Well anyway, I'm approaching my Senior year in High School. The time passed much quicker than I expected. It's funny to think about how psychotic I was during my first two years of High School, I have a hard time believing I'm the same person that I once was. That is the entirety of my past, I don't think anyone's could possibly have been as strange as mine. Hell, my life is still pretty damn strange, and I'm one strange guy too. But you know what? I don't care. I don't care how psychotic I am at times, I think it adds color to my already scattered personality. I wouldn't want to trade places with someone else even for a second.

You know, I've gradually become interested in cartoons. As a kid, I loved cartoons just as much as the next. It wasn't until my later years of adolescence (I'm still 17 now, so I'm still considered "adolescent") that I began to really see why each cartoon of my childhood was brilliant. The one in particular was Ren & Stimpy. I decided to watch a few episodes, and the way I saw animation after that was instantly changed forever. My memories of this show in my childhood are vague. I watched more at age 11, loving the show. I still didn't see how brilliant it was though. The animation in Ren & Stimpy, mixed with the psychotic personality of Ren, really opened my eyes. I have a very wild and distorted imagination, and at young ages I would often write cartoons and comics. The stories overall were really different, but the drawing itself was poor. I wouldn't consider myself a natural artist, but when I'm determined to become good at something, I almost ALWAYS become good. That is what I want to happen with drawing cartoons. I never thought I would be this interested in cartoons, but I want to take advantage of this distorted imagination to try and make something good. When it comes to making a story, that's what I'm brilliant at. Then again, it's not hard to sit around and think of random shit for cartoon characters to do. Drawing, animating, and voicing are the three talents that make up Ren & Stimpy creator, John Kricfalusi. If I could somehow contact him personally, I would. The only contact information I ever found was from a website where you can request autographs. Okay, seriously... autographs? I'll never ask someone for an autograph. Asking for an autograph is basically saying "Hey, you're better than me". What is the value of a signature? Even if I were to contact this guy, let alone any "celebrity", I'm not going to try and make a good impression of myself. I don't care if someone is famous, they aren't getting treated any differently. That's just the way it is for me.

Well, that about wraps up what I have on my mind for today. It's funny how no matter what, no one can truly know WHO you are. With that, stressing anything about my personality is a waste of time, but hey... you don't mind, because why would you be reading this?




No comments:

Post a Comment